Friday, December 13, 2013

Reading Friday

What are you reading this week? What books are you looking forward to reading during the break when you have more time to read?

Currently, I'm about 50 pages into Cold Calls by Charles Benoit. One of my librarian friends lent me an Advanced Reading Copy, as the book will not be published until April.

Cold Calls is about three teens. Each one has a secret and each has been receiving phone calls, but the phone number does not show up on the phones' call logs. The phone call is from a voice who tells the teens he/she knows each one's secrets. In order to keep the secrets from being exposed, each teen much complete a set of tasks, which involve bullying kids at their schools.

I really like Benoit's writing style: it is fast-paced. He crafts each chapter in such a way that one has to keep reading to find out what happens. I am not at a point where I know the main characters' secrets, nor do I know the identity of the caller, but I definitely want to find out more.

If you are looking for suspenseful reads, the library media center has Charles Benoit's other YA titles: You and Fall From Grace.

Have a great weekend and Happy Reading!

- Mrs. R

No comments:

Post a Comment